About Startup Onramp
The Startup Onramp Incubator is a 10-week program taking place in Coffs Harbour. It is designed for aspiring entrepreneurs who are early in their startup journey, including those who currently have a day job and want to make the transition from an employee to a startup founder.
The program has three core components
- A weekly workshop comprising a mix of facilitator-led discussion and group work. The workshops are structured to follow a logical progression from idea validation to product development, customer acquisition, capital raising, and growth. Many of the workshops include a guest presenter who leads a deep-dive discussion on a specific topic.
- Weekly one-on-one mentoring sessions ensure you keep making progress between the weekly workshops.
- A pitch night in which all founders pitch their startup and share their learnings with fellow entrepreneurs. Pitch night is an important milestone and an opportunity to gain valuable media attention for your startup. It is not an investor pitching event, although if you’re ready to pitch to investors we can offer plenty of guidance on how and where to find the right investor.
By the end of the program, you will have
- Improved your understanding of startup best practice
- Validated your idea with customers
- Identified (and avoided) the most likely causes of failure for your startup
- Expanded your network to include successful founders and investors
- The information on how to build a web site and develop a professional brand
- Identified a viable business model and revenue streams
- Become proficient at pitching your startup to investors, potential co-founders, accelerators, and customers
- Mapped out a plan for the next 12 months of growth of your startup