Aaron Birkby, Entrepreneur in Residence for Steve Baxter’s River City Labs brought a wealth of knowledge and expertise to deliver an inspiring workshop for our local startups on April 6.
We had a full house of Coffs Coast entrepreneurs from a range of backgrounds and at varying stages of business development. From people at the ‘before the beginning’ stage with ideas forming to fully fledged Apps ready to launch they were all soaking up Aaron’s in-depth knowledge in readiness to apply it to their business and take the next steps.
Demystifying the world of Lean Startup and more importantly breaking down all the jargon so that our local entrepreneurs are best equipped pitch their passion in the Telstra Business Centre Coffs Harbour Digital Innovation Challenge for the prize money and support they need to make it happen (did I mention the $150,000 prize package on offer??). If you are one of these passionate entrepreneurs, it’s not too late entries still open till the 29 May so get cracking.
So many lessons that Aaron managed to cover, I think he set a Guinness world record in covering the most amount of content in a one day workshop. In the words of one of our participants “Wow, what a workshop. Succinct and pertinent is how he got through so much! So much content dealing with those businesses who want to go BIG”
From “the default state of a startup is DEAD” which relates to the fact that a great idea is just that a great idea. Unless you do something, create something and breathe life into your idea it is effectively dead. Which leads nicely into “execution is everything” and then once you have executed…i.e. created something that people can buy into or engage with then it becomes a case of “traction trumps everything”. And as Aaron says, if you get traction then don’t worry the money will find you (if you are looking for investment).
If you missed it don’t worry there are plenty of ways to be a part of the action.
CHEAT SHEET FOR ENTREPRENEURS TO CHECK OUT
- Telstra Business Centre Coffs Harbour Digital Innovation Challenge 2016 – enter to win prize package over $150,000 in value.
- Sign up to our newsletters so you don’t miss out again.
- Nominate yourself for a spot in the Startup Alley on 18 June
- Come in and visit us at Six Degrees Coworking where you can access all these resources in reality and meet other entrepreneurs.
- Pitch Pitch Pitch – sign up to Pitch Your Passion on our monthly meetups.
- Refer to our TOOLS pages for reference guides, videos and handy tips.
- We do also have FREE access to Pollenizer’s 60 DAY STARTUP online program you can do at your own pace.